About the centre
The Centre for Musculoskeletal Research (CfMR) at Manchester is led by Professor Anne Barton, and comprises of the:
- Arthritis Research UK Centre for Epidemiology
- Arthritis Research UK Centre for Genetics and Genomics
- Cochrane Bone, Joint and Muscle Trauma Group
- NIHR Manchester Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit (BRU)
- Independent Researcher Programmes.
Research within the CfMR is often multi-disciplinary. Projects frequently bridge between themes and involve both basic science and clinical studies. Our work includes genetic and environmental epidemiology, experimental medicine, longitudinal studies and clinical trials.
Much of our research is internationally leading; we are partners in many European initiatives and many of our Principal Investigators lead international consortia.
Musculoskeletal Doctoral Training College
World-class postgraduate education opportunities in musculoskeletal medicine and genetics.
Postgraduate taught programme
Includes studentship offers in a variety of cutting-edge research topics relevant to epidemiology.
To share a link to the Centre for Musculoskeletal Research website on your Twitter page click the Tweet button: Tweet