What we do
The Centre for Gastrointestinal Sciences is a collaboration between The University of Manchester, Salford Royal Hospitals NHS Trust and University Hospital of South Manchester.
This highly successful unit comprises academic physicians, surgeons, biologists and health service researchers in conjunction with research practitioners based in primary care.
The centre offers a comprehensive clinical service to the North West region in Gastroenterology and, in particular,
- tertiary care specialty services in endoscopy,
- upper and lower gastrointestinal surgery,
- intestinal failure and parenteral nutrition,
- inflammatory bowel disease,
- functional bowel disease care and
- gastrointestinal physiology.